Monday 1 May 2017

Shine Bright Like a Spellbinders Diamond :D


As soon as I got this Diamond Die from the Gems Spellbinders Shapeabilities set, I just knew I had to team it up with the 'Shine Bright' sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Let's Bokeh stamp set :D I think it works perfectly!! To give an extra special effect, I used Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter glue to stamp the sentiment, and I cut the Gem from some double sided adhesive, then I gilded both elements with some Tonic Studios Gilding Flakes :D And to take of the excess flake, I used a piece of the Ranger Rub it Scrub it!! This stuff is amazing!! Wish I'd brought it sooner than I did lol :D

My first cards using the fabulous Distress Oxide Inks!!! I might have gotten 6 of them as an Easter prezzie from my Nannie :D :D :D I was intending to get 6 re-inkers and use them to make my own ink pads with the Ranger Stamp Pad Felt (as I'd gotten some cheap) but the stupid place I was trying to order them from was messing me around :( :( SO I got the actual ink pads from CraftStash instead!! (wish I'd done that in the first place, then I would have had them 6 weeks earlier!!) Never mind lol :D Anyway, back to the cards :D So I used three different colours of Distress Oxide to create the initial backgrounds, then I used my Lawn Fawn Ink Cubes (My Easter Prezzie from my Parents :D) in coordinating tones along with the Let's Bokeh Stamp Set from Lawn Fawn to give a Bokeh background :D

To complete my custom sentiment 'Shine Bright Like a Diamond' I used the Lawn Fawn Owen's ABC's and the Distress Oxides to give me the words 'Like A' and I punched the circles out using the Medium Sized Circle Palm Punch from Xcut :D I stamped the 'Shine Bright' sentiment, and attached the double sided adhesive die-cut then gilded them both as explained above :D I then added some Wink of Stella to the circular letters (and I was amazed the Distress Oxide didn't re-activate!!) Then I added some pre-made Nuvo Glitter Drops :D I didn't have enough of the colours I wanted ready, so I made them by placing them on a backing sheet from some double sided adhesive! And they're actually ready to place on the card after an hour, then I left them overnight to completely dry :D :D :D Hope you liked the cards!!

Spellbinders products used in this video :D
Shapeabilities Die D-Lites Gems
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting Machine
Standard Cutting Plates
Main Attraction  


Spellbinders have a fab spring sale on at the moment!! And there's even massive savings a free dies when you purchase the Platinum Machine!! :D :D :D Click Here :D 

Other products used :D
Distress Oxide - Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio and Spiced Marmalade
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
Replacement Blending Foam
Xcut Medium Circle Palm Punch
Lawn Fawn Lets Bokeh Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn Owen's ABCs Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn Mini Ink Cubes
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter Glue
White Card
Cut N Dry Foam
Ranger Rub it Scrub it 
Tonic Studios Nuvo Gilding Flakes - Radiant Gold and Silver Button
Tonic Studios Nuvo Glitter Drops - Silver Moondust and Golden Sunset
Tonic Studios Retractable Craft Pick

To see the process behind this trio of diamond cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



IF your interested in more cards I've made using Spellbinders dies, please check out my Playlist below :D



Loads more photos below! :D