Saturday 20 May 2017

Life is Sweet Distress Marker Watercolour :D


A trio of cards made with the Simply Cards and Papercraft Life is Sweet freebie from issue 163, I decided to do a loose watercolour effect using the Tonic Studios Tim Holtz Stamping Platform along with Ranger Distress Markers :D This was a technique I saw in one of Tim's demonstrations when the Stamping Platform was launched, and I just had to give it a try now I have my own platform :D Thanks so much to Tonic Studios for sending me one of their Platforms for me to use in my videos!! I have to say the quality is phenomenal and it feels like such a sturdy tool, it's definitely gunna last a lifetime, I love the fact that the lid flips over, and that every part of it is wipe clean, it works perfectly with this technique!! I wouldn't want to do this with my MISTI as the foam insert would get wet, but because the Tonic Stamp Platform has a lid that can flip over, there's no need for the foam mat :D :D I also LOVE that when the Platform is open, it lays flat! You might have noticed in my videos that when I use my MISTI I support the lid with my hand when inking up my stamp, but this is lovely and sturdy when open so you can ink your stamp while it's resting on your surface :D :D Hope you enjoyed today's really simple video :D

The majority of the products used in this video are available to purchase from CraftStash :D

To see the process behind this trio of stamped watercolour cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D