Friday 12 May 2017

Hope Your Birthday is a Smash :D

 

A punny Birthday card commission for my God Daughter to give to her Daddy Bear :D Using the gorgeous little Year Seven Stamp Set from Lawn Fawn!! I thought it would be perfect considering we had a pinata at her Baby Shower :D :D :D I love the way this card turned out, with lots of movement :D I built up the background with some Distress Ink blending, a bit of splatting and some stamping (and spritzing with water) using Distress Inks and also a bit of ghosting too :D I stamped the pinata directly on my background to get the perfect placement for the string, and then I stamped it again on a separate piece of card and coloured with ProMarkers :D For the sweets that are flying everywhere, I used some watered down Pixie Powders to add colour (and I splashed some in the background too) and then once they were dry I coated them with some 3D gloss :D For the final touch, I used a mix of square and circular iridescent sequins :D Hope you like the card :D

Main products used:
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting Machine
Tonic Studios Glass Cutting Mat
Lawn Fawn Year Seven and Smitty's ABC's Stamp Sets
Ranger Distress Inks - Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
Replacement Foam
Anita's Clear 3D Gloss
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders - Golden Mint and Teal Wash
Cosmic Shimmer Glue
White Card
Clear Sparkle Pen
Tonic Scissors 
White Card Blanks

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



 A few more photos below :D