Monday 24 April 2017

Instead of Textng Happy Easter 2017 :D



I should have posted this video last Monday, but I didn't have the time, so I saved it for today instead :D Happy Belated Easter!! :D LOVE this sentiment of 'instead of texting...' so clever!! And I think this gorgeous Drip Drop Spellbinders Die by Seth Apter works perfectly as a place for some cute critters to hang out :D I've got some plans to use this drip drop die as a stamp in my art journal, hopefully I'll get round to it soon :D

I think these little birds are just adorable, and colouring them in yellow makes them perfect for Easter as they look like little fluffy chicks :D I used the tiny Easter Egg stamp from the Lawn Fawn Plan on it Holidays set, and added three to each card to make it look as though one of the chicks was juggling :D For the backgrounds, I laid down a base colour of Distress Ink blending first, then I used the Tonic Falling Diamond stencil to add on some subtle pattern, I love doing this!! It also looks great if you add the stenciling with some Embellishment Mousse as well :D I fussy cut all the cute little images (using a black pen to colour the core of the card around the edges) then arranged them all into the centre of the Drip Drop die :D My finishing touches were then a scattering of coordinating coloured Nuvo Crystals drops, some sparkle pen, a black glaze pen for the eyes, and some Anita's 3D gloss to make the smart phone look as though it has a glass screen :D Hope you liked the cards! :D

Spellbinders products used in this video:
Spellbinders Platinum Machine
Standard Cutting Plates
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Drip Drop Die by Seth Apter
Spellbinders Main Attraction
Spellbinders Tool N One

Other products used:
Lawn Fawn Plan on it Holidays Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn Love Letters Stamp Set
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber and Hickory Smoke
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
Replacement Blending Foam
ProMarkers
Anita's 3D Gloss
Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink
Tonic Falling Diamonds Stencil 6x6
Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops - Oyster Grey and Dandelion
Lawn Fawn Happy Hatchling Die Set

To see the process behind this pair of Easter cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Loads more photos below :D