Friday 31 March 2017

Pretty Quick Kraft Mash Up :D


As the title suggests, this pair of cards was pretty quick to make lol, and I made them using two Pretty Quick dies that were freebies on two magazines :D The Happy Birthday die was free with issue 22 of Die-Cutting Essentials, and the Floral Panel die was free with Volume 4 of the Die-Cutting Essentials Special Edition :D I brought a pack of the Desert Storm cardstock ages ago, and I did some colour swatches using my Tonic Studios Nuvo creative pens, however I'd still not used any more of the card, or used my swatches as a reference, so I thought why not use them in conjunction with some self-adhesive cork for this card :D

To create the background, I used a Perfect Medium ink pad to stamp watermark impressions around the perimeter of the background, and I even used a foam stamp of one of the roses from the floral panel die, which I had made when making the cards for the DCE Vol 4 magazine :D I also cut both panel dies from the Desert Storm (as well as the background panel) and I coloured them using my Nuvo pens (using my previously made swatches as a guide to the colours I wanted) :D I cut down a piece of the self-adhesive cork so that it would cover just the words on the happy birthday die, and I cut that twice to give me the sentiment for both cards :D For the final finishing touches and to tie the white card base into the design, I splashed on some white acrylic paint, added some white details to the die-cuts using a white gel pen, and scattered on some pre-made gloss white nuvo drops too :D Hope you liked the cards, I'm not sure that I'm that keen on them, but I'm sure someone will like them :D Oh yes, you've probably noticed in my videos that I now have a Platinum machine, well if you're a fan of intricate dies like these two, this really is the machine to have!! As when I was making the cards for the magazine, I was using my Cuttlebug to cut the Floral Panel die (as I didn't have my Platinum then) and it took me about 10 passes through the Cuttlebug rotating the die, using shims and all sorts to get a clean die-cut, and as you saw in the video, one pass through the Platinum and it was cut perfectly!!! :D I think the Platinum is the best die-cutting machine ever!! :D

Main products used in this video :D 
Die-Cutting Essentials Volume 4 Magazine
Die-Cutting Essentials Issue 22
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting Machine 
Neenah Desert Storm Cardstock 
Ranger Perfect Medium Ink Pad
Self-Adhesive Cork - Apple Blossom 
Tonic Studios A3 Glass Cutting Mat 
Tonic Studios Retractable Craft Pick 
Tonic Studios Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss White 
Tonic Studios Nuvo Creative Pens

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D