Thursday 9 March 2017

I'm Rooting For You :D



A cute spring themed encouragement card using the Spring Garden free gift from issue 144 of Papercraft Essentials, along with the Rooting For You stamp set from Lawn Fawn :D I really love combining the Magazine Freebies with other stamp or die sets from my stash, and I thought the oversized carrots from the Lawn Fawn Rooting For You stamp set would work fantastically well :D I would have done this as one of the cards for the magazine, if I'd had this Lawn Fawn stamp set at the time lol And I really love splattering ink or embellishment mousse or sparkle pen over my backgrounds at the moment, I think it just makes it look so modern, which I really like :D

This card did take me quite a while to make, I think I was up to 3.5hours after filming this card and tomorrows one lol, I do like to take my time making my cards, as that's what it's all about for me, it's not how many cards I've made, it's how much I enjoyed making them, and how much I like them once I've finished :D so anyway, for the background, I used Orange Soda, Neon Red, Lime Green and Field Greens Hero Arts Inks to stamp the Lawn Fawn carrots, Soft Pool Hero Arts ink to stamp the tiny carrots word in the background, along with splashes of Broken China Distress Ink, and then for colouring the little carrots from the free stamp set, I used my ProMarkers, and I also used these for the main images too :D I really love the way the colouring on the wheelbarrow came out, there's something about the way I've coloured the wheel and added that doodling that just makes me smile (no idea why lol) I did quite a bit of my doodley sketching on this card, as the Lawn Fawn carrots needed an outline so they would coordinate :D Hope you liked the card :D There'll be another video using this freebie tomorrow :D

Main products used in this video:
Spring Garden Free stamp and die set from issue 144 of Papercraft Essentials
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine
Standard Platinum Cutting Plates
Lawn Fawn Rooting For You Stamp Set 
Letraset ProMarkers
Hero Arts Ink Cubes
Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue
Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink
VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
Superfine Black Faber Castell PITT Pen

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D





 




I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge :D