Saturday 4 March 2017

Happy Mother's Day Darling Doily :D


A lovely mint Mother's Day card :D For this card, I combined the Darling Doilies stamp and die set Free with issue 21 of Die-Cutting Essentials, along with the floral frames sentiment stamp set from the new Apple Blossom Floral Frames collection :D I have to give you some pre-warning, there will be quite a few Mother's Day card videos this year! As I've had a lot of commissions lol, I'll try to inter-disperse them around, and I'll keep some for the American Mother's Day too, but just thought I'd give you a pre-warning :D

Another nice and simple card :D I started off lightly ink blending some Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink on my white panel, then I added some subtle stamping using Tide Pool Hero Arts Ink, and to finish the background, I also watered down a bit of the Distress Ink and splatted it across the background with a paintbrush (sorry if I've been doing this quite a bit recently, but it's my new favourite way to build a background :D I think I've loved every card I've made that has a background like this lol :D) I then used the largest of the free doily dies, along with a Tonic Studios nesting circle die to create a frame :D I stamped a few of the roses from the Floral Frames Sentiment stamp set from Apple Blossom and coloured them using some teal/mint coloured ProMarkers, and for the foliage, I used some Pastel Green Foundations cardstock to die cut some of the gorgeous Sue Wilson Berry Sprigs, then I added a hint of colour variation using ProMarkers :D I decided to stamp my sentiment directly onto the card black, as I had left a nice white space, but I wanted it to stand out a little more, so I added a doodled border (my other new favourite thing lol) and to tie the frame in with this, I added the same kind of border to that too :D I then simply arranged my flowers and foliage using a mixture of Cosmic Shimmer glue and foam pads, then I finished the card with some Crystal Stickles on the Berry Sprigs, and also some Morning Dew Nuvo Crystal Drops dotted around too (I REALLY love adding these Nuvo Crystal Drops to everything, I seriously didn't realise how AMAZING they would be until I had some!!! :D) Hope you liked the card! :D

To see the process behind this Mother's Day card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



Tonnes more photos below :D