Friday 10 March 2017

Happy Birthday Little Lamb :D


Another sweet spring themed card, a Birthday card this time, using the versatile Spring Garden stamp and die set free with issue 144 of Papercraft Essentials :D The picket fence die in this set is fantastic, I've wanted a picket fence die for ages, and I had so much fun playing with it :D It's great because you can use it as the generic white picket fence, or you can use ProMarkers to colour it and give it a wood effect like I have here, or you can even snip it into pieces and use it to create other things, here I snipped off one piece to create a gate, but in the magazine I show you step by step how I created a crate, and also a wooden box, a little sign post, and I even used all the panels separately to create a frame on one card too :D So make sure you get your copy, I've linked to moremags.com in my list of main products below :D

To create my ink blended cloudy sky, I used a piece of Doflex which I cut into a random cloud like border with scissors (I created this AGES ago, and a bigger one too, I thought I'd use it quite often, so that's why I made it from Doflex, but you could just use printer paper, then chuck it after a few uses :D) Then I simply dragged some ink over the mask to give a white cloud with blue sky behind :D You see me do this twice in the video below as I decided the Peacock Feathers wasn't dark enough, so I came back in with Mermaid Lagoon as that fitted in with the intensity of the ProMarkers better :D I also added some Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover Distress Inks to the Pastel Green Foundations card I had used to cut the grassy border too :D Then I simply arranged all my pieces, and you can see in the video how in-decisive I was at deciding where to place all the Hydrangeas lol :D Hope you liked the card :D :D :D

Main products used in this video:
Spring Garden Free stamp and die set from issue 144 of Papercraft Essentials
Spellbinders Platinum Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine
Standard Platinum Cutting Plates
Letraset ProMarkers
Lawn Fawn Grassy Border Die
Lawn Fawn Spring Showers Die Set
Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink
Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue
Distress Inks
Mini Ink Blending Tool
VersaFine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
Tonic Scissors

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A few more photos below :D