Friday 24 February 2017

You Nailed It :D


A couple of clean and simple cards with a subtle ink blended background and a cluster of focal images both made using some of the absolutely gorgeous stamps from the Handmade with Love A4 stamp set free with issue 40 of Creative Stamping :D P.s. I might have a few of my cards in this magazine too :D :D :D And there might even be one of them on the cover :D :D :D It's sooooo exciting seeing one of my cards in pride of place on the front of a magazine!!! This is the first time I've been on the cover for Creative Stamping :D :D :D

So a pair of really simple cards, firstly I started with some subtle ink blending in the centre of the panel using Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink, then I added some subtle stamping with the sentiment for each card using Soft Pool and Tide Pool Hero Arts inks :D I stamped out my main focal elements using Jet Black Lawn Fawn ink (this ink is alcohol marker friendly) and I coloured them all using my usual favourite, ProMarkers :D For the tool box, I stamped the front section twice and added a sentiment to one of them, then I partially cut this out so that I could create a 3D effect and tuck the tools in behind :D I also added some splashes to the background just by watering down some Peacock Feathers ink and splashing it with a small round paintbrush :D The final finishing touch was then a scattering of iridescent sequins and a few dibs and dabs of wink of stella :D Hope you liked the cards :D

To see the process behind this pair of clean and simple cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D