Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year Shaker Card 2016 :D


Happy New Year!!! I thought I would celebrate 2017 with a monochrome shaker card :D Hope you had a lovely new year's day :D The happy word die is by Heidi Swapp, and the letter dies I've used are from Lawn Fawn, Quinns ABC's (love these dies, I've used them sooo much over the last two or three years I've had them :D) I also used a stamp set from Lawn Fawn called Plan on it Holidays, obviously it's supposed to be a planner stamp set, but it has so many sentiments and little icons to go with them that I thought it would be fab for cards (I've got another idea to use this set in conjunction with the Loads of Fun stamp set, hopefully I'll get round to making the card before the end of Jan :D) So for this card, I used the New Year's stamp to create a background to go behind the shaker, along with one of the confetti stamps too, and I stamped these using the two lightest colours in the Warm Grey Altenew Crisp ink mini ink cubes (I got these for Christmas :D) And I also added some champagne glasses and stars to the outside panel too :D

All in all this was a really simple, and actually relatively quick shaker card, but that might be because I knew exactly how I wanted to make it lol, as it turned out just as I had imagined it would :D For the shaker elements I used a mixture of sizes of silver star sequins (pretty much all the sequins I ever use are just random ones I've collected over the years that are just lying around lol) and some tiny silver micro-beads too :D (these are actually sold as nail caviar in £land, but I thought they'd be perfect for shaker cards :D) Hope you liked the card!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



 Lots more photos below :D