Friday 6 January 2017

Build a Rose With Sympathy :D


Another set of cards using the lovely Build a Rose die set free with issue 19 of Die-Cutting Essentials :D This time I've used it more as it was intended, but I've also embossed the leaf dies to create a background, and die-cut the leaves from funky foam to create my own stamps :D

To create the background for the card on the left, I die-cut my stitched rectangle (the large one from MFT Blueprints 13, my absolute favourite die lol :D)  and then I used the two leaves from the build a rose die set to emboss some detail :D But because you have to run this through your machine multiple times, it does squish down some of the detail, but it still gives that subtle effect, and when you blend over with some nuvo embellishment mousse (or you could just use ink too) it really picks up the leaf impressions :D For the focal elements on this card, I simply die cut and embossed the rose and leaf dies and then used some Altenew crisp inks to colour them, I used a lighter colour first to give the base colour, and then I placed the die back on top and used a darker colour to highlight the vein detail :D

The card on the right was much simpler to create... I used some funky foam to die-cut both leaves, then I stamped them in the background behind where I knew I wanted to place my rose, and then I did the same thing as for the other card for the foreground rose and leaves :D To make the stamped leaves tie in with the sentiment and to stand out a little, I used a sepia PITT pen to add in some hand drawn outlines and veins :D To get my sentiments (the sentiment I used is from the Birds of a Feather free gift from Simply Cards and Papercraft 158) to stamp perfectly, and to stamp the hearts on the right hand card nice and dark, I used my Hampton Arts Stamp Perfect Stamp Positioning tool, this tool is fantastic for getting multiple impressions in the exact same place, and it is really affordable too, I did see that Craft World are now selling it in the UK too, but Hampton Arts were kind enough to send me my stamping tool to have a play with in my videos, thank you so much!! :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Tonnes more photos below :D