Monday 5 December 2016

Tonic Pinecones with Pebeo Fantasy Paints :D


A pair of Pinecone Christmas cards using the gorgeous Build a Wreath Pine Cone die from #tonicstudios along with some of the Pebeo Fantasy Paints (which I might be a little bit obsessed with :D) and of course some gilding flakes too :D For the main Pine cone embellishments, I die cut four for each individual cone, I then stuck three one on top of each other, and used the fourth one to add to the top once all the paint had dried (this is to cover up where I've been messy! It also means you don't have to try so hard to be neat which is good :D) I started by spreading some glue over a piece of white card, then I stuck my staked up cones to this and let all the glue dry :D

Now for the fun part! Adding the paints! I used a mix of Vitrail, Moon, Prisme and the Glitter Medium for this card (the colours used are listed below the photo further down :D) And I did a mixture of all of the effects, mixing the Moon with the Vitrail (the lacy effect), just the Moon (a hammered effect), just the Prisme (the honeycomb effect) and also a mix of the Vitrail and the Glitter Medium which just gives a glittery finish :D In the video I added in a ten minute clip sped up to 64 times the speed to show the production of the honeycomb, I love watching these paints at work, they're so magical :D If you're interested in experimenting with these paints, I recommend watching some of Joggles videos using them, I had been umming and arring for ages (like two years) whether to try them, but once I saw her videos, and saw that they were half price on Hobbycraft, I went ahead and got them :D No regrets! they're fabulous! And I still haven't used them for the main reason I brought them for lol :D

Once the paint had dried (I left it for a couple of days drying on a flat horizontal surface) I then used some sharp scissors to cut around the shapes so that they became stand alone embellishments :D Now onto building the card :D I used this lovely embossing folder from Darice which is lots of vertical lines, and I used a smidgen of Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter glue on a piece of Cut N Dry foam to swipe along the surface so that I could randomly add some Radiant Gold Nuvo gilding flakes :D I also added double sided tape to a scrap of card and die-cut my sentiments so that I could gild them too :D The rest of the assembly is pretty self explanatory in the video :D Hope you enjoyed seeing the process behind these cards :D

To see the process behind this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you'd like to see more cards that I've made using Pebeo Fantasy Mixed Media paints, please have a look at my Playlist below :D



And if you'd like to have a watch of some of the other Christmas cards I've made this year, the Playlist is linked below :D





Pebeo Paints Used: Vitrail Glitter Medium, Vitrail Brown, Fantasy Prisme Antique Gold and Fantasy Moon Gold :D

Tonnes more photos below :D













I'm entering this card into the November Take your Pick Win and Tonic Challenge :D And I've used three of the categories; Colour, Product and Theme :D

I'm also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge :D It's not technically a gift, but I always feel like when you've put so much effort into making a card it becomes a gift :D