Wednesday 7 December 2016

Nuvo Embellished Iris Folded Holly :D


'Tis the Season to Iris fold holly Fa la la la la, la la, la, la :D I used to do Iris folding years ago!! And I saw it in a magazine recently, so maybe it's coming back in? I was taught by a friend when we were in Junior school (12 years ago now! Wow I feel old!!) so the way I do it might not be the proper way, but I'm sure there's lots of old tutorials floating around the internet lol :D I used to do it a lot with that florist ribbon that tears easily, and I used to love making Iris folded cards for my Great Great Auntie Iris :D It used to amuse me lol :D

I used two different patterned papers to create my design, and I did the usual spiral, with three spirals of each colour, however once you get towards the middle it all gets a bit muddled lol, but anyway I like the effect! And its so much more fun these days, now there's die-cutting machines!! you don't have to cut an aperture (badly with scissors) or use a pre-cut shape, you can do whatever you like :D :D So to create my aperture I used the gorgeous Build a Wreath Holly die from Tonic Studios to cut a double aperture that would simulate two leaves one on top of another :D I then used the fall away outline pieces and I covered them in Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter glue and used the lovely Radiant Gold Nuvo Gilding Flakes :D I did the same technique with the sentiment using the 'Tis the Season sentiment stamp from the Festive Fun stamp set free with issue 34 of Creative Stamping (this is a past issue)Then my final finishing touch was a cluster of three 'berries' made using the Ruby Slipper Nuvo Glitter Drops :D Hope you liked the card :D

To see the process behind this Iris Folded card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you'd like to see more of the Christmas cards I've made this year, have a look at my Playlist :D



and if your curious about what other Tonic Products I have used in the past, I have all those videos in a Playlist too :D



 Plenty more photos below :D