Thursday 15 December 2016

Number Dies Christmas Card :D


A modern advent themed Christmas card using the extremely useful free gift from issue 141 of Papercraft Essentials :D I also used a couple of older free gifts for this card including the Traditional Christmas stamp set from issue 35 of Creative Stamping along with the free stamp set from Volume two of the Die-Cutting Essentials special edition :D There'll be a duo of birthday cards using these number dies up tomorrow too :D 

This is a really simple card today! I used three colours of Hero Arts ink, Neon Red, Pale Tomato and Soft Cantaloupe to stamp my background :D The stamps I used to create the background were from the Traditional Christmas stamp set free with issue 35 of Creative Stamping, I used the two larger snowflakes, the postage lines, and also a few of the smaller snowflakes which I actually cut out from the oval stamp in the set (see video 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas' :D). The numbers were cut using the free number die from issue 141 of Papercraft Essentials, and I had to run the beginning part of the die through multiple times to get enough number twos :D I then used a Dusky Rose Promarker to colour all the numbers except the main focus 25 :D I then used the lightest red tone from the Nuvo creative pens to colour the 25 and also the Lawn Fawn Scripty Merry die-cut :D I used two Tonic layering circles to create a ring to highlight the 25th (and I coloured this with the metallic gold pen from the Metallic Nuvo pen set :D) and I also stamped out the word Christmas (this is from the free stamp set from Vol 2 Special of Die-Cutting Essentials :D) Hope you liked the card! I really love the way it turned out! :D Don't forget to pop back tomorrow to see another video with two examples of Birthday cards using these number dies :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you'd like to see the rest of the Christmas cards I've made this year, they're all in the Playlist linked below :D



And if you're looking for more inspiration for how to use some of your magazine freebies, here's a link to that Playlist too :D



A few more photos below :D






I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge :D