Thursday 10 November 2016

You're A Star :D


A starry vellum window card using the versatile Stardust die and stamp set free with issue 17 of Die-Cutting Essentials :D For this card I combined a number of different adhesives with some #nuvo gliding flakes to show how versatile they are, you can stamp with Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter Glue, you can free-hand draw with Pebeo Mixtion Relief Paste, and you can also just use regular double sided sticky tape, all three ways give brilliant results :D And I'm sure there are MANY more ways out there too :D


This card was originally going to be a spinner card, and I had almost finished the card, but when I stuck the front panel on, it was slightly wonky, so I thought I'll just give the card base a trim and it'll be fine, but oh no, silly me!! When I make a spinner card I like to wrap the thread around the top of the card and bottom of the card (you can see this in my Gingerbread Man Spinner Card) so stupidly when I trimmed the top of the card blank, I then went why are there loads of bits of invisible thread hanging down? Duh!! You just cut through them you berk!! (I cut all this out of the video too) Lol So it ended up being a vellum window card, I could have re-done it as a spinner but I thought if I've done something stupid like that once there's no doubt that I'll do it again lol :D


For the background of the card, I ink blended a mix of Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress Inks, I then over stamped using the little cluster of stars stamp from the free stamp set using Nautical Blue Memento ink and then I used a Creative Expressions Mini Stencil (I love this name!! because on the back of the packet they shorten the name into a code for their bar-code, and it gives CEMS which are my initials lol, I'm amused by such little things :D :D :D) the star version and some Chipped Sapphire ink to add some more stars to the background :D For the gilded stars, I cut the free die twice from plain white card, and I also added some wide double sided tape to some more card and used a couple of star dies from the MFT Blueprints 13 die set, the row of stars from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Journalling Card die set and also a small nesting star die from Creative Dies :D I coloured the ring of stars using a couple of Promarkers Gold and Pumpkin, and then I added some Pebeo Mixtion Relief to act as a glue for the gilding flakes (you need to let this dry first, and it takes roughly an hour!), and I also added gilding flakes to the double sided tape covered stars too :D

For the sentiment I used the free stamps and some Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter glue, then once the glue had dried (gone clear) I also added gilding flakes :D It was so much fun to experiment with all these different ways of adding gilding flakes, I think the flakes look slightly different for each different adhesive too :D To finish off the card I sandwiched some plain vellum between the card front (which I had cut a rough hole in) and the front panel, along with a piece of ribbon, and then I added my stars :D To neaten the inside I added identical stars to the other side of the vellum, and I also used an Avery Elle paper pad to die cut a circular frame to hide the messy hole I had cut on the inside :D Hope you liked the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



If you subscribe to any of the Papercraft Magazines published by Practical Publishing, you might want to check out my Playlist which I've linked below where I've added loads of cards using Magazine Freebies :D



Lots more photos below :D