Wednesday 30 November 2016

Tudor Inspired Birthday Card :D


I called this monochrome card a Tudor inspired birthday card because... the last time I visited Hampton Court Palace (where Henry the VIII lived) I noticed a tiled floor pattern made from octagons and squares, and as soon as I saw this Wagon Wheel Spellbinders die, all I could see was the octagon and square pattern so I emphasized this by cutting away part of the design, and I teamed it up with some more Spellbinders dies featuring fleur de lis as there's also a lot of them in ceilings and mouldings around the Palace too :D

I used a number of Spellbinders dies for this card including... the Wagon Wheel background from the Geo collection (exclusive to Create & Craft), A Gilded Life Crowns, the Ornate Arrows and the Royal Circles too :D I also used some Pebeo Fantasy Paints (colours are below the photo further down) in the Moon and Prisme finishes to fill in the octagons and squares within the wagon wheel design :D For the black elements in the foreground, I used Black Soot Distress Ink, and for the pearly elements I used the Artiste Pearl Medium paint :D For the final finishing touches I added some Gloss White and Gloss Ebony Black #Nuvo crystal drops, I used ones that I had previously made, but I also showed at the end of the video how I made some more to replace the ones I'd used :D The yellow paper I'm using is the backing paper from a piece of double sided sticky sheet :D Hope you liked the card! If you have any more questions, please do leave them below, although you might find the answers in the blog post for the first card I posted using these paints, as I wrote out in more detail what I was doing.... here's the link :D

To see the process behind this Tudor inspired card, please watch my YouTube video below or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



To see all the other cards I've made using these magical Pebeo paints, please check out my Playlist which I've linked below :D 



 Lots more photos below :D


The Pebeo Fantasy Paints used: Moon Pearl, Prisme Eggshell White and Prisme Onyx Black :D 






I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge :D