Monday 14 November 2016

It's Your Time To Soar Shaker Card :D



A dreamy shaker card using this gorgeous Avery Elle stamp set, I got this a little while ago and have been dying to use more than just one of the sentiments on a card, so I thought why not make it a shaker :D I love the end result, however next time I think I'll add less sequins and micro beads :D 

For the background I used a combination of Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon and a tiny bit of Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks :) I also added some stamping using some splat stamps from Prima, and I added ghosted splashes with water and a few extra splashes with some Polished Jade and Calypso Teal Dylusions ink sprays :D To give a bit more of whimsical feel, I also added some of the feathers stamped in white to the background, (I still haven't managed to find a really good white ink pad, I brought this Ranger one thinking it would be 100% better than the cheap one I brought before, but it was useless pretty much no ink stamped off at all, so I ended up re-inking it with a memento brilliance white re-inker, and that gives the effect you see in the card, which is better than anything I've had before! But I wish I could find a good white ink pad!) :D I used an Apple Blossom die to cut my aperture, I'm not sure the name of it, but I like the shape :D I then used some Peacock Feathers to ink the inside edge and hide the white core, and I added a doodled black line around the frame as I knew I was going to be adding black stamping so wanted to tie the card together :D

For the shaker elements, I used two colours (this was actually my inspiration for the colours of the inks) of tiny star confetti from Martha Stewart and some Snow White micro beads from Creative Expressions (I originally brought these to be snow in a shaker, but I still haven't gotten round to it lol, maybe I'll remember when I do my Christmas card a day in December :D) TOP TIP: When using tiny shaker elements like micro beads, if you're not certain that you've managed to get no gaps between your foam tape, and you're not certain if your backing panel will cover everything, just add some sellotape over anywhere you think there could be a gap, and this should seal everything in (you can see what I mean in the video) :D I felt like I had added too much to my shaker, and the sentiment was getting hidden, but I didn't want to risk pulling it apart to take some out, so I added a sub sentiment so now it reads 'It's Your Time to Soar, Happy Birthday' :D And luckily I had placed a strip of foam tape under the bottom edge of the panel so adding the stamping afterwards was no trouble :D Hope you liked the card :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D 



If you've enjoyed this video and are looking for some more inspiration for shaker cards, then why not have a look at my shaker cards Playlist which I've linked below :D



More photos below :D