Monday 28 November 2016

Ink Blended Thank You :D


A quick and simple pair of thank you cards using dies to create masks from full adhesive post-it notes :D I used the Lawn Fawn Quinns ABC's dies along with the Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks die to create my masks using the full adhesive post-it notes :D I stuck two post-its to a regular post-it and die cut both at once so I could easily make two cards :D Once die cut, I snipped the 's' off of the end of the word thanks to give 'thank' and then I used the letters 'y', 'o'  and 'u' from the Quinns abc dies :D

I simply used the Tim Holtz mini ink blending tool to apply my ink, and I did an ombre effect going from Mustard Seed to Spiced Marmalade to Abandoned Coral Distress Ink :D I then used the Avery Elle Brushed stamp set and the same Distress Inks to add some interest, and to create even more colour variation, I also splashed on some water to lift some of the colour too :D The finishing touches were then some doodling using a black pen and a scattering of sequins :D Hope you liked the cards :D

To see the process behind these cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D