Sunday 6 November 2016

Cold Days, Warm Hearts :D


A really simple card combining a Brusho/Colorburst/Pixie Powder background with the gorgeous Winter Wonderland stamp set from issue 36 of Creative Stamping :D I love the simplistic look to this card :) clean and simple, but a little messy at the same time :D So for the background I used lots of water to get more of a muted colour, and I used a combo of Turquoise colorburst, Turquoise and White Brusho, Silver Dream Pixie Powder and also some Clear Overlay sparkle pen :D I then decided to dry this with my heat gun, I would usually leave this to dry naturally, however I wanted a less vibrant look so I didn't mind force drying it :D

Once dry I die-cut a hillside using the Lawn fawn stitched hillside dies from some white card, and then traced this in pencil onto the background so I knew where to stamp my border of trees... Now these trees ended up being stamped in a few stages because originally I decided I was going to just stamp in black in the background, and then I was going to heat emboss in black for the foreground trees, however I couldn't get the background dry enough for the embossing powder not to stick everywhere, so I gave up with that idea and just stamped all the trees in black ink :D I did also stamp the house in the tree line too, however I didn't feel like it went with the card, so I stamped some more trees over the top lol, and the great thing about pigment ink is that you can't tell :D :D I then added one of the silhouettes of people onto the hillside along with the sentiment, and I used a light grey Promarker to add a shadow underneath them too :D Hope you like the card, this would be quite a good one to batch make, because if you coloured a whole A4 piece at a time you'd get four backgrounds :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



To see more of the Christmas cards I've made this year, please check out my Playlist which I've linked below :D



A few more photos below :D