Thursday 24 November 2016

A Trio of Valentine Cards :D


A trio of valentine cards inspired by jigsaw pieces, not just to be given on Valentine's day (which I know is ages away lol) but which can be given all year round :D I saw a greetings card which had two jigsaw pieces and a sentiment something like we go together, and that's what sparked my first idea of the little scene with two jigsaw pieces :D I decided to go with the sentiment 'we were made for each other' for that card, and then I thought "what if that jigsaw die would fit behind one of the heart dies I have? I could use the sentiment 'you have a piece of my heart'" so hey presto the second idea was born :D Then I thought "what other things do people say to each other that could relate to jigsaws... puzzled....puzzle... aha... 'love you to pieces!'" and that was the third idea :D

The jigsaw die is by Crafters Companion in their Die'sire range, the stitched rectangle and square are by MFT, the heart die is by Creative Dies and the 'love' is Lawn Fawn of course :D For all of my colouring I was using my Nuvo Creative Pen from Tonic Studios, I finally got round to doing my colour swatches for them, I find this soooooo helpful when colouring as you don't have to test that colours will work together before you start, you can just go straight in as you know what colour the pen will dry to be :D I used a Faber Castell PITT pen for any doodling, I finished/added my custom sentiments using my Dads ancient old DYMO labeller and for the final touch I used some clear sparkle pen :D Hope you liked the cards! A little bit of Valentine inspiration to give you a break from Christmas cards :D :D :D

To see the process behind this trio of Valentine cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Tonnes more photos below!! :D