Sunday 23 October 2016

Joyful Christmas Wishes :D


A joyful Christmas Wreath with an adorable little Robin :D For these cards, I used the fabulous layering branch from the Festive Elegance stamp set which comes with issue 139 of Papercraft Essentials :D A really simple card design today, made even simpler by the gorgeous layering branch stamps, I used Onyx black pigment ink for the outline, Cup O' Joe Hero Arts ink for the brown branch and then Pale Tomato Hero Arts ink for the berries :D And I also used the gorgeous Berry Red (very fitting) Sparkle pen to colour my sentiment and add some shimmer to the berries and the Robin :D

For the colouring of the Robin I used Promarkers (Walnut, Burnt Sienna, Red and Ruby).. For the main body of the wreath, I just stamped the branch three times (it is surprisingly easy to judge by eye where to place them to create a circle :D) and I also added in a bit of second generation stamping using the Cup O' Joe ink and the solid branch stamp to make it a little fuller, and I added in a little bit of the brown markers I'd used to colour the Robin in too, just to tie all the browns together :D For my final finishing touch, I used a teeney blob of Anita's 3D gloss on the Robins eye :D Hope you like the cards, this is definitely one you could batch make, as these two only took me half an hour, which is nothing compared to some cards recently which have taken me over an hour and a half, hence why I have to speed up my videos quite a lot lol :D :D :D

To see the process behind making this pair of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



More photos below :D