Thursday 22 September 2016

Happy Bird-Day Peacock :D


A fun character card combining the new Christmas Character die from issue 138 of Papercraft Essentials, with the Peacock die that came with issue 147 of Simply Cards and Papercraft a while ago :D Combining the two allows for you to create a peacock with its full fan shaped tail :D I'm not sure if I'm that keen on the end result of this card, but it think its a fun design that'll put a smile on anyones face :D And I just love using punny sentiments, so I thought 'Happy BIRD-Day' would go great with this one :D

I started off by die cutting all the elements, I cut five of the Peacock tales from the Peacock die to give a nice full effect, I partially die cut the head of the Peacock so that I could create my own body shape so it looks like you're seeing it from head on :D I also cut one of the base pieces from the Christmas Character die set, and I cut what are supposed to be snowmen arms four times to use as the legs (I did trim these down a little bit too, so they look a bit more like bird feet :D)... To colour all of the elements, I used Distress Inks and an Ink Blending tool, for the main body I used Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire (I did in the end go over this with Royal Blue and Indigo Promarkers, however I think it would have coordinated better with the glitter I've used if I'd left it as it was...) And for the feathers, of course I used Peacock Feathers, with a little bit of Evergreen Bough and some Pine Needles, and a teeny bit of Twisted Citron too :D I also used a Cool Grey 4 Promarker to colour the legs :D

I felt like as this card features an elegant Peacock, there needed to be some glitter, so to make the Peacock look glittery, I used Crystal Stickles and I dotted some on and then dabbed it around with my finger... I also added some ultra fine glitter to my card, I used some of the Cosmic Shimmer Polished Silk glitter, I'm not sure what the colour name is as I got it reduced in my local garden center and the price label pulled the label off the bottom lol :D and I used double sided tape to create a border along the bottom of my card, and around a layering panel too :D For the sentiment, I used the tiny Happy word from the Lawn Fawn Cutie Pie stamp set, and for the custom bit of the sentiment I used an ABC set also from Lawn Fawn :D The final finishing touch was then a tiny little googley eye just to make it a bit more fun :D Hope you liked the cards :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



 More photos below :D