Tuesday 9 August 2016

You're a Classic :D


This card was made using the We love Music stamp set from issue 31 of Creative Stamping, love this set :D I was trying to create a really arty look for this card, so I decided to use my splat and drip stamps from Prima (you could just create this yourself by using watercolours or watering down Distress Inks too), I used Hero Arts ink cubes for the stamping, Cornflower, Green Hills and Field Green (TOP TIP: because Hero Arts inks are designed to soak into the paper, I've found that whatever black ink I use with them, it always bleeds because of the nature of the Hero Arts inks (even if I've left it for 24 hours!!), so I have found if you stamp in black and clear heat emboss first this doesn't happen!!)... This is a really simple card, the most complicated bit (which is still easy) is probably using the large stitched rectangle die to cut a shorter panel so that the keyboard would show at the bottom :D

You can see the basic process and the order in which I did things in the video below :D For the finishing touches, I stamped a few of the musical notes in and around the splashes using the same colour of inks, and I also added iridescent sequins, and used a drop of Crystal Stickles to cover the holes :D I was going for more of a masculine card, so I was going to steer away from sequins lol but it just needed them :D :D :D Hope you like it :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A couple more photos below :D