Wednesday 17 August 2016

Hummingbird Dreamcatcher :D


My inspiration for these cards, was the feathers from the tail of a hummingbird stamp, hence the title of this blog post and video... The gorgeous stamp and embossing folder set came free with issue 153 of Simply Cards and Papercraft, and so in my usual fashion I had to use it in an abstract way, hence my brain going 'those tail feathers would work brilliantly for the feathers of a dream catcher' lol :D To create my dream catchers I also used a basic circle die from Creative Dies, the Creative Dies Nested Hearts die set, the Sizzix Intricate Native Florals dies by Craft Asylum, and also the 'feathers' which are actually leaves were from the Apple Blossom Circular Foliage die set :D Oh, and for a slight change, I used the large rectangle from the Avery Elle Dotted Dies set as my background panel :D

I used some Cornflower blue Foundations card from Creative Expressions and also some white card to cut out all the elements, and to get the orange colour I used Pumpkin and Mandarin coloured Promarkers :D I used a superfine black Pitt pen for all my detail adding, and I used Versafine Onyx black pigment ink for my stamping :D You can see step by step in the video the order in which I assembled the card, and how I used 3D foam to raise up the top of the dream catcher, and a double layer of foam to raise up the sentiment (I thought this font went absolutely perfectly with this card :D) For the subtle background, I ink blended some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, until a little while ago I always used to use Broken China for a lightly blended sky effect, but I'm liking the Peacock Feathers look at the moment :D The final finishing touch was then the addition of some sparkle in the form of a clear sparkle pen, you can see this really well in the photos below :D :D :D Hope you like the cards as much as I do!!

To see the process behind these card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



I REALLY love the way these two cards came out!!! Hence the tonne of photos below :D