Saturday 27 August 2016

Hello Lovely :D


I made this card using the left over hexagons from the Bee Happy cards I posted a little while ago, I thought they would go perfectly with this sentiment as its also hexagonal in shape :D This was a really easy process of simply sticking down a pattern of hexagons (I started by properly tessellating them, and then they start moving slightly further apart, and I also left gaps to give more of a whimsical feel :D)

I used my Gansai Tambi watercolours for this card, I combined 3 shades of blue to give a nice ombre effect across the panel, and I added in splashes of blue, silver and white to add a little bit of visual texture :D To pick out a bit of detail, I added some tiny white and black stitching around a selection of the hexagons, this helped the sentiment look more at home, as without these extra stitching details it looked a little stark having a harsh black and white sentiment :D Hope you like the card! It's very simple! and its also technically a free card, as the main elements were the waste from another card :D :D :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D

 

Here's a couple more close up photos :D