Wednesday 24 August 2016

Have a Sweet Birthday :D


I just got the Baked with Love Lawn Fawn Stamp set, I just had to have it, anyone who knows me knows my cupcakes, so this set is perfect for me :D Plus the new series of the Great British Bake Off is starting tonight, so I thought this would be the perfect time to post this card :D I combined the Lawn Fawn set with the Avery Elle We R Family stamp set, just so I could mix up the font of the sentiment :D I also used Sue Wilson's Auriga Gemini die as a lacy edge to kind of emulate a doily :D

There was lots of masking involved in this card, and the majority of the scene is one layer, however the cake stand looked as though it was floating, and the left hand side looked too empty, so I added a couple of extra cupcakes on top :D I decided to colour the icing to look like vanilla (as this is probably my signature cupcake flavour... well its the one I've made the most :D) and I thought it would look quite cute to have one cupcake un-iced with the full icing bag waiting to add the perfect swirl of buttercream :D I'm also a big fan of green and pink together (it's the colour combo of my craft room :D) hence the colour choice :D I love the mixer in this stamp set!! It's one of the main reasons I got it!! and I'm contemplating altering the image to look like my Kenwood K-Mix and then adding the stripes on the top (I have the fire cracker one :D)

I used Promarkers for my colouring, I'll try and remember all the colours I used :D Magenta, Cerise, Vermillion, Cool Greys, Leaf Green and Bright Green, Caramel, Sandstone, Cocoa, Walnut, Vanilla, Pastel Yellow... I think these are roughly what I used :D and the pink card is Raspberry Foundations card from Creative Expressions :D As usual I also used my favourite large stitched rectangle from MFT Blueprints 13 too :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



A couple more photos below showing the sparkle of the icing and the shine of the 'metal'