Sunday 21 August 2016

Bird Crazy Splashes :D


Some brightly coloured cards with a mix of occasions made using the Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamp set combined with the Prima Splashes and Drips stamps :D again much like the 'You're a Classic' card from a little while back, I was going for a really arty look for these cards, I used stamps to create this effect, but you could also use watercolours or water down your distress inks and splat colour on :D

I used Hero Arts ink cubes for all the stamping, Cornflower, Green Hills and Tide Pool for two of the cards, Butter Bar, Orange Soda and Bubble Gum for another and Passion Flower, Pool and Cornflower for the last card with a few additions of Grape Jelly Memento too :D (TOP TIP: because Hero Arts inks are designed to soak into the paper, I've found that whatever black ink I use with them, it always bleeds because of the nature of the Hero Arts inks (even if I've left it for 24 hours!!), so I have found that if you stamp you're images first, with any black ink, and heat emboss in clear, this protects your black line images and then you can just stamp your coloured splats over the top :D
After heat embossing the outlines, and before stamping the splats, I also added a little bit of Pebeo masking fluid to the eyes and beaks, my idea was to create the look that the birds had also gotten covered in paint as well as the background, but I thought it would look wierd if they're eyes had the splashes on them too :D All the sentiments, some of the little splats and the brush strokes that each bird is standing on are from an Avery Elle stamp set called Brushed :D Hope you like the cards :D

To see the process behind this set of cards, please watch my YouTube video below, or over on my channel CRaFTi PoTeNTiAl :D



Lots more photos below :D :D






I'm entering these cards into:
The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-make-for-the-border/
The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=6097