Tuesday 26 July 2016

Pineapple Shaker Card :D


I made this card using the Totally Tropical dies, stamps and embossing folder set from issue 135 of Papercraft Essentials :D I love the vivid colours of a pineapple and I deffinetly made the most of that colour combo on this card lol :D I started by die-cutting my background panel and focal panel with the pineapple aperture, and I decided just to make the shaker part the bottom of the pineapple, so I only cut out the scalloped oval from the white panel. I then also cut plenty of the foliage, I felt like it needed to be a bit bushier, so layering three together works perfectly :D I cut them from some pastel green card and inked the edges with a little Cracked Pistachio and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks :D For the backer of the shaker, I cut a rectangle from the main background panel (to save card lol) and I inked it with a mix of Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks and I stamped the detail of the pineapple with the Brushed Corduroy too :D

For the background, I created an ink blended ombre effect from Evergreen Bough, to Cracked Pistachio, to Scattered Straw and finished with Fossilized Amber :D I then decided to use the stamp from the set which was the bottom of a pineapple, and I used it as a kind of scalloped edge to my focal panel... I ended up stamping all this with my MISTI as when stamping with Distress Inks you often get a crisper impression when you multi-stamp an image :D I then splashed some water over the background to remove some colour, and I also stamped thanks a bunch in coordinating colours (Hero Arts Tide Pool and Butter Bar) as well. For the shaker elements, I used a mixture of chunky glitter, seed beads, micro beads and gold confetti circles (these were actually from Morrison's and were called table confetti)... I used Rich Cocoa Memento ink to stamp the sentiment and to tie this in with the rest of the card, I also used a small flower stamp from an Avery Elle set. Final finishing touches were a few white dots in the background using a white gel pen, and also a little bit of Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Sparkle Pen :D Hope you like it :D

To see the process behind this card, please watch my YouTube video below, or on my channel :D 



A couple of close up photos below :D