Thursday 21 July 2016

Elephant Congrats :D


I've wanted to try repeat stamping an image (in a grid) for a card background for ages, so this was my first attempt. This was a congratulations card for my best friends Danielle and George (aka Mr and Mrs Broad) who are expecting a little baby girl very soon!! The colour combination of yellow and grey was inspired by Danielle :D I started by lightly marking out a pencil grid on my background panel, I used a ruler that was the same width as my little elephant image (from a Craft Asylum stamp set) so that they would fit nicely next to each other, I also staggered the grid too so the rows are offset from one another... I used Flannel Grey Memento ink and Butter Bar Hero Arts ink to stamp the elephants, and started with the grey leaving spaces for the pop of yellow :D Once all the stamping was finished I then erased all the pencil lines (I really love this neatly lined up stamping effect, I will deffinetly be trying this again :D) Next step was preparing the sentiment, I used the Lawn Fawn scripty Congrats die (love this range of word dies!!! and I saw in their sneak peaks that Lawn Fawn is coming out with some new words :D :D :D) I cut two from white card, layered them on top of each other then coloured the top one with a Canary yellow Promarker (for finishing touches later on I also added some Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Sparkle Pen and a layer of Anita's 3D gloss too)... For the 'topper' element of this card I stacked 3 elephants on top of each other, and I stamped these in the same colours of ink onto a die cut panel (cut with the MFT stitched rectangle stax dies), to ground this panel I added a matt of patterned paper :D The final finishing touches were then some yellow organza ribbon, some sequins and a few tiny Papermania gems (It took me a while to work out how to arrange these lol) :D

To see the process behind this video please watch my YouTube video below or on my channel :D



I hope you liked the card :D