Thursday 16 October 2014

Roald Dahl :D

I used a Roald Dahl decoupage pack and one of the postcard packs to make this card. It was for the competition Docrafts were running on their facebook page :D And to my complete surprise I just saw that I was one of the runner ups :D https://www.docrafts.com/Features/roald-dahl-crafting-competition-winners/100. I started with an 8x8 card blank, but wanted to do something different, so I did a fold back panel and then used the scalloped wave die from the nautical build a scene dies, I'd been meaning to use this as a scallop for ages :) I then decorated the base of the card with the papers from the pack, and some of the packaging too (the colourful spots) I love that design so much! I then made up some of the decoupage, but wanted it to hang over the fold back, so I mounted it on one of the postcards and added a few extra elements from the two pages of decoupage in that set :) I made up the little book, and decorated the front cover with a layer of decoupage and a couple of other elements... and I even added a little bakers twine bookmark in the middle... I loved the finished result so much that my initial idea of sticking it to the front went out the window... and I added an extra strip of golden ticket paper to act as a place to hold the book to the card, but so that it was still removable :D I added a few buttons, some red and white bakers twine, some of the spinners from the pack, some pompom trim I had and some red spotty patterned craft tape :D